This semester is already coming to a close. We only have one more full week of class! I can’t believe how fast it’s gone by. I want to get the most out of this semester so I’ve made a list of things I want to do before this semester is over while I’m still at WT.
1. Carol of Lights – This is a great event. I was in Choir in high school, and this always makes me miss those days. If you want to hear the sweet melody of choirs singing Christmas Carols, this is one event you can’t miss. You won’t be judged if you sing along, either! If you can’t wait to get into the festive Christmas spirit, you have to go! Something about everybody huddled up holding candles, singing Christmas carols, and watching as all the Christmas lights on campus turn on just makes a person crazy for Christmas!
2. Falling Into Dance – I’ve never actually been to the Falling Into Dance recital, or any other dance recital at that. But I have always wanted to. I have a friend that will be participating this year, and it makes me want to see it even more. I’ve heard it’s great!
3. Christmas Hall Council – Being an RA has it’s perks. I know what’s coming up before anyone else, and it’s CHRISTMAS HALL COUNCIL!!! Lots of Christmas snacks, fun, and decorations. I know in Shirley we will meet beforehand to put up the tree and decorate the lobby! Lots of fun!!!
4. Apply For Scholarships – Hmm.. this may not be the funnest thing to do, but the earlier you apply the better chance you have for getting GREAT scholarships! December 1st is the deadline for Early Action Scholarships, which means you get first consideration for some WT’s most prestigious scholarships, and you will know by February 1st if you received any!
5. Let loose! – At the end of every semester, some of my friends and I get together and have a little rave. We do it in the middle of finals. Sounds a little crazy, but it rids us of so much stress! We don’t drink or anything and it’s just a few of us, so it’s kind of like a good work out, but we have fun! We bought dry ice last year, turned off the lights, turn on the disco ball and a strobe light, turned on some fans (it gets hot), and make a party playlist. We dance nonstop for an hour or two. It’s great! And it gives me something to look forward to when I’m studying (: